Hannigan & Botha, Ltd.
Toll Free:866-533-6590
View Our Practice Areas

Construction Workers' Accidents

Construction can be a very dangerous line of work. It is very common for people working in construction to become injured on the job, even at no fault of their own. The potential for workplace accidents on a construction site is so great that very few people who select construction for their job go their entire career without at least one work-related injury.

Have you Been Injured on the Job?

If you work in construction and are injured on the job, you should know that you have options available to you to seek out the proper treatment for your injury, as well as, be compensated for your injury. Some people elect to hire a lawyer and sue their employer, claiming they were negligent for their injuries. However, if you do not wish to sue your employer for your injuries, you can also file a workers' compensation claim.

What is Workers' Compensation?

Workers' compensation is a type of insurance that is held by employers to cover both themselves, and their employees, in the event of an employee being injured on the job. Workers' compensation insurance will provide you with medical benefits so that you can seek immediate medical attention for your injury. It will also pay you wage replacement benefits so that you do not have to worry about losing your income as a result of the injury you suffered at work.

Will you Qualify for Workers' Compensation?

While most people will qualify to file a workers' compensation claim and receive benefits, there are a few requirements that you will be required to meet. Firstly, your employer will need to have an up to date workers' compensation policy covering you for any potential injuries. Secondly, you will have to be working at the time of the injury. Third, there will need to be proof that you are actually an employee of the company. Finally, you need to be willing to sign over all of your rights to file a claim or law suit against your employer based on your injuries. In most cases, all of these conditions are met.

However, you should be aware that if you are injured while working construction and go to see a doctor based on a workers' compensation claim, they will test your blood for the presence of drugs and alcohol. If you test positive for either, you can be confident that your claim for workers' compensation benefit will be denied. You may also run the risk of losing your job.

How Can an Attorney Help?

If you are injured while working in construction and need help with your workers' compensation claim an attorney can help you with an initial claim or denial.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Schedule Your Free Consultation

Contact the Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Hannigan & Botha, Ltd.
505 E Hawley St.
Ste. 240
Mundelein, IL 60060-2473

Toll Free: 866-533-6590
Phone: 847-388-0874
Fax: 847-949-1084
Mundelein Law Office