What if I don’t receive any workers’ compensation benefits?

On Behalf of | Jul 4, 2016 | Workers' Compensation |

After suffering an on-the-job injury, you need to get your benefits. In order to do so, you have to report your accident to your employer. The employer reports the accident to his or her insurance company. What happens, though, if you don’t receive your money?

According to the Frequently Asked Questions page of the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, your employer is responsible for paying your benefits. An insurance company may make the payment on behalf of your employer. The commission only gets involved when an employee files a claim because his or her employer or the insurance company did not start paying benefits.

If you were injured on the job, and you are a workers’ compensation-eligible employee, you should receive benefits in a timely manner. If you do not and you choose to file a claim with the commission, you may need the assistance of an experienced workers’ compensation attorney.

At Hannigan Botha & Sievers, Ltd., we understand that this is a difficult time for you. Many times, we find that workers who are injured aren’t even aware that their rights have been violated. Perhaps their employers told them to file a claim. However, insurance companies may look for any reason to not pay what an injured worker is due. We know your rights and we will fight for them.

We are thorough and aggressive. We will walk you through the process and provide you with the legal force needed to get your claim and/or appeal process handled fairly and correctly.

To learn more about how we can help with workers’ compensation claims, please visit our webpages on the subject.

FindLaw Network